The festival also organizes a competition in five different categories:
1. Salsa Bachata
2. Salsa Linia
3. Salsa Cubana
- Competitors and attendees must have a day or weekend or party pass and are required to fill out a registration form and pay fee of 20 € per couple per category.
- All competitors will receive a number to be used for the entire weekend and will be responsible to keep that number.
- All competitors consent to the use of their photographs, biographies, and names, for any video footage for sale and public display.
- If there are fewer than three entries, the organizor reserves the right to cancel or combine divisions.
- Based on the amount of entries, the schedule may change.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND REGULATIONS
- Competitors must check in at registration to pick up their competition number.
- All competitors must be ready to dance 30 minutes prior to scheduled dance time.
- The Organizer reserves the right to merge or cancel any categories. Be sure to check this website periodically for updates.
- Competition starts after 20:00.
Salsa: Breaking on one and two is permitted, however proper salsa/ mambo rhythm must be maintained.
Bachata: Breaking on one is permitted, and proper 1-8 rythm must be maintained.
Kizomba: Breaking on one is permitted.
Zouk: Breaking on one is permitted, proper rythm must be maintained.
Just Dance: When a competition is designated just dance, no routines, entrances or exits, lifts, aerials, or drops of any kind are permitted. Dips are ok to hit the music.
“Costumes are required“
Amateur Just Salsa On1/On2
- When a competition is designated just dance, no routines, entrances or exits lifts, aerials, or drops of any kind are permitted dips are ok to hit the music.
- All Open Floor formats will be divided into heats. Competitors will dance to two songs with a duration of 1.5 minutes each, one slow and one fast, to be selected by thej judges of competition.